2.02.2009

Phantasmic Links 2.2.09

By the time you read this, the gentleman pictured below...



...may already be home. My old man had a rough January, and after spending half of it in the hospital and half of it in a nursing home, his ordeal may finally be over. He actually spent a few hours away from the place on Sunday, and already “fixed” my car. No, I didn't have the guy lifting a jack or lying on the ice; that won't be happening on my watch. I just asked why my engine light was staying on and he told me to “floor it” on an open stretch of road. I didn't think that would do anything, but I've learned to trust him. Sure enough, the next time I started the car, the indicator was gone. Take that, carbon buildup!

“I told God I was ready,” my dad confessed at one point during the day, “I'm not sure why he didn't take me.” I think he still has plenty to do in this world, and my mom and I are very relieved. I've got a lot to catch up on as well, but I'll start with this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Rhodester brings us the Worst Commercial Ever, and I only wish that were hyperbole. At least he threw in a good commercial too.

(2) The Asgarda are a tribe of Ukrainian women who fight with medieval weaponry. No, that's not the plot of a comic book or action movie. Maybe it should be.

(3) Prison convicts manage to foil their own escape. I love it.
Hat Tip: Darrell.

(4) A new study shows that Hummers get more traffic tickets. Strange, they're so stealthy...

(5) Star Trek is a formula. There, I said it.
H.T.: Jermaine Tiberius Novick.

(6) Geeks tackle the Super Bowl
H.T.: B13.

(7) The Tower and the Heart in Glass is a beautiful spin on the defense game model.

(8) 2099 makes a comeback in 2009. I love that cover and I was just writing about legacy heroes recently, too.

(9) In the year 2009, scientists will both create a “tiny” black hole and ignite a small sun, both experiments taking place within the Earth's atmosphere. What could go wrong? Here's hoping I need to watch less sci fi and not that they need to watch more....
H.T.: B13.

(10) GROW Tower! I love these games...


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

Welcome back to your dad.

2/03/2009 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home