3.03.2008

Phantasmic Links 3.3.08

I definitely had an interesting weekend. I was recruited by some ushers to help sort out the collection money at the end of a mass. I missed a train to the city because the parking lot was full on a Saturday night, drove around for ten minutes until someone miraculously left, and caught the next train which got me to my friend's karaoke party exactly on time. Someone referred to me as a “crooner” based on my performance at last year's party, so I decided I'd hold back a little this year. That resolution lasted precisely one Corona. Though the song list left much to be desired, lacking Hunger Strike, Jump Around, and anything from Pink Floyd, the service and decor of the room was much better. We all had our own tables and large dishes with sushi, mini hot dogs, french fries, wings, and various dips were laid out before us. Additionally, the room had a “beer button” on the wall. Anytime someone pressed it, a waiter with a cart would appear and fill a table with open bottles. Coming home, I missed my train by minutes as did a few of my friends, so we wandered the station for an hour looking for snacks and witnessing various drunken antics such as petty shoplifting. On my train, which was packed, police with a dog patrolled, and when they were safely out of earshot the “brave” prick sitting in front of me told his girl how much he hated cops. Her friend leaned forward and asked the guy why, pointing out that she had officers in her family, and he explained that they'd busted him for drunk driving. I swear I could write a book about the people I've seen and conversations I've heard on trains after three in the morning. For now though, after a relaxing Sunday on a beach and some Angel cake in celebration of my dad's 78th birthday, I'm not writing about much more than this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS :

(1) We are so close to 200 citizens inMyclofigia! Keep those clicks coming!

(2) I can't imagine anyone hasn't seen this yet, but Jimmy Kimmel dishes out the ultimate revenge for that whole Matt Damon thing. I'm not sure the song's as good, but he balances out with sheer ridiculous star power.
Hat Tip: B13.

(3) In case you didn't know what white people like, a whole blog is dedicated to that stuff.
H.T.: Sean.

(4) ”Physicists successfully store and retrieve nothing”. This means science is a bit closer to helping me find my missing hat and reunite orphan socks.

(5) Make your way through the old school game ofAndroid, collecting gold, dodging spikes and enemies, climbing ladders, and dropping bombs.

(6) Vader gets lunch.

(7) Gary Busey vies for attention, tastes Jennifer Garner, and is referred to as “this man” on the red carpet. I guess Ben was with Kimmel when that happened.
H.T.: Rey.

(8) Batman, Robin, and the rest of your Gotham favorites battle on in LEGO® form. I love this trend and wish I'd thought of something like it...

(9) When I end up with a lot of loose change, I usually trade it with my mom for paper money. I never dreamed of using it as sculpture material.

(10) Now bacon is available in cup form. Is it wrong that I'm pondering what an ice cream sundae would taste like in one of those?
H.T.: B13.

(11) Batman rests in peace in Portland.

(12) Finally, ”Are cats bored during the night?”


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Forget Lego Batman ... I'm holding out for Lego Busey: The Dark Nut.

Have you seen this bit?

3/03/2008 5:00 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

I hadn't seen that, and now I want to play that LEGO Busey game. That's awesome.

3/03/2008 6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now I'd eat more salad if it was served in a bacon cup!

oh, and I just read in Game Informer that Lego: Batman is getting the video game treatment, as is Lego: Indiana Jones!

3/03/2008 6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

duh, it would have helped if I had actually clicked your Lego: Batman link...

Can I blame my faux pas on lack of sleep, a poor diet and too many episodes of Barney?

3/03/2008 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home