8.28.2006

Phantasmic Links 8.28.06

How is it Monday already? Undeterred by the rain on Sunday, I did make it to the beach for a few hours, even if I just sat in my car and read a book, listening to the rain and the waves and the occasional mournful cry of a seagull. Well, before I go back to work, I'm going to share this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Darrell wouldn't post this Mallrats/Superfriends mashup due to the explicit content, so he e-mailed it to me instead, gaining a P-link hat tip in the process. Oh yeah, (damn funny) explicit content appears in this link.

The next Survivor will be a race....against race?! Hat tip to The Fifth Column for this bizarre gimmick.

Sean gives us a look at the new live action Megatron. I can't wait to see that in action; it will be terrifying. For more spoilery robot goodness, check out a script review(spoilers well marked), glimpse of Optimus Prime, and the best possible voice news I've heard yet.

Believe it or not, George isn't at home...

Caixa is MCF's addictive game of the week. Who among you can beat my high score of 406250? (Who among you cares?) Hat tip to the Dosetaker.

Otis reveals the secret origin of one of our blogging mainstays. Hilarity ensues and perhaps on the horizon, retribution?

Hot Fuzz is Simon Pegg's next project. Thank Kelly for the head's up.

I disagree with the philosophy that ”There is Nothing” presents, but I can't deny its phantasmic creepiness.

Stephen Colbert puts himself in front of a green screen with a light saber. He then issues a challenge to internet geeks everywhere, resulting in epic and hilarious compilations. Here are some of the better ones I've found:

Signs

Cave Troll

Star Wars® Kid

Rancor

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lyndon said...

Why does Optimus have flames on him? I'm sorry it's just wrong!

8/28/2006 11:09 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I jumped out of my seat when Colbert came out from behind the fence with his light sabres. I think it's a Joaquin-sympathy thing.....

8/29/2006 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home