8.07.2006

Phantasmic Links 8.7.06

Modern life is difficult. We become slaves to schedules and calendars, and one thing cannot be accomplished without canceling or displacing something else. Quiet moments are few and far between, but after dinner Sunday night I drove to a beach, found a bench, and sat watching the sunset. The sky overhead was still blue, but the setting sun lit up the horizon in tones of red and orange, even as the backlit clouds wore shades of purple. It was amazing, and when it was over, it was time to get in front of a computer once more, and collect this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS?:

TheWriteJerry saw his own miracle of nature this week, and he helped! Reading Jerry's blog is sometimes like following a web comic with a continuing plot line, and if you compare the old chapters to the newest one, it's excellent to see where the story has gone.

Switching to something less joyful, in J-No's old stomping grounds of Las Vegas it's now illegal to feed the homeless. Gamblers, addicts and prostitutes are still welcome. Hat tip to Lorna for bringing this important story to our attention.

Maybe you can't feed the homeless in Vegas, but you can feed this potted plant. If any of my mom's plants start swinging from the ceiling to reach flying insects, I'm out of here.

While potted plants gain mobility, crop circles continue to appear. Coincidence? The other weird thing is that backwards, today is 6-7-8....

Timed Climb may be one of the most frustrating games ever, and yet all you need to use is the spacebar!

A slightly less frustrating game of bouncing balls can be found with Offsides, although by level 20 it approaches impossibility.

With so many video games cropping up, it was only a matter of time before video game characters invade films. Hat tip to Sarcasmo, who also brings us Blanks on a Blank this week.

Do you know your IQ? Here's mine:
Testriffic IQ test
Hat tip to Rob of Unspace.

If I'm so smart, why can't I handle a Prehistoric foes? It's all fun and games until the protagonist has to swim...

Rhodester nearly lured me into a fantasy world, but I didn't have the right software. Maybe you'll have more luck?

With all the challenges facing us in the real world as well as online, it's nice to know there are heroes. Conan O'Brien is Moleculo...THE MOLECULAR MAN!!! Whoa, sorry...why was I yelling?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Well, I'm not going to post my IQ test results because I'm not a universal genius, and therefore I feel bad about myself, even though if I'd stumbled across this test on my own and taken it on my own I'd have been pleasantly surprised at my results. However, since my number is lower than yours, all I can do is look at my number, no matter what it is, and think "Why am I so dumb?"

Clearly, my IQ is the least of my personal issues.

I'm now going to go tell my Bassett Hound that he's stupid so I'll feel better about myself. Of course, I'll scratch his ear while I'm doing it, so he'll feel good about it to. Everybody wins! YAY!

8/07/2006 9:47 AM  
Blogger Otis said...

Ok, I took the I.Q. test and got a 137 which qualifies me as a regional genius. I was hoping for some Algebra and current events questions to offset my lack of knowlege in the word scramble category. For some reason, they didn't have that when I went to school.

I have to say that I'm pretty happy being called a Regional Genius because Darrell is in my region. Perhaps we can purchase matching varsity jackets.

8/07/2006 4:29 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I didn't take that IQ test, but I have taken IQ tests before.

Suffice it to say I'm smart enough to not have to keep repeating the process.:)

8/07/2006 6:40 PM  
Blogger Scott Roche said...

I scored a 122. That's just a hair lower then the WISC-R I took in middle school.

8/08/2006 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home