3.19.2006

Phantasmic Links 3.19.06

In the thoroughly enjoyable film Elizabethtown, the lovely Kirsten Dunst's character advises Orlando Bloom's character to take a road trip, citing it as one of those things everyone should do at least once in life. Another thing people must do is enjoy a real Philly cheese steak IN Philadelphia. Today I unexpectedly did BOTH, and I'll have photos up in a few days. In the meantime, here are this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Sometimes, it doesn't take much for packaging to really stand out, contrary to popular belief.

I think in my earliest academic days, I may have been guilty of this sort of book report. Of course in my earliest academic days, we didn't have Flash let alone the internet, and data was stored on tape cassettes.

The Streaking Game is one I'll never play in real life, and all the world breathes a collective sigh of relief.

Finally, the religious affiliations of comic book characters have been gathered in one page. Even superheroes have only one pseudo-Scientologist in their ranks, which is more than we can say for real-life celebrities.

Cam you navigate through all thirty levels of Roboclaw?

LEGO® Worldbuilder is a very cool virtual way to play with the bricks.

You Must love Jaws! Hat tip to Sarcasmo.

El Complo is yet another of those fun “click in the right order” games that we love so much. Ganaste!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Novick said...

OK - the whole packaging video was like spending the day at the office... In fact, I'm going to show it to Mrs.Write so she can see what I go through every day.

As for the comic book characters religion link: that makes the top 10 best links ever list!

3/20/2006 3:17 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

The head of our marketing/creative cluster has an excellent design sense when it comes to things like this, and it's contrary to most marketer beliefs. He understands when less is more and negative space is good, and I was very impressed when that very link was sent to our group from him, pointing out how effective the apple packaging was with only 4 design elements.

3/20/2006 7:48 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Wow. You're the first person to put the words "thoroughly", "enjoyable" and "Elizabethtown" all in the same sentence. I haven't seen it yet, but maybe I shouldn't give up on it without judging for myself.

3/20/2006 10:54 PM  
Blogger Jerry Novick said...

Janet - Elizabethtwon was excellent. The performances were great, the humor right on without being overdone, and the soundtrack was slammin!

3/21/2006 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home