3.18.2006

Mysteries of Life

Why is my left thumb a quarter of an inch shorter than my right thumb?

I'm a cat person. Why have I had a 3'x2' poster of Rin Tin Tin on my wall for most of my life?

Why does my dad occasionally offer advice like, “Hard candy makes saliva.” Did science classes in the ‘30s and ‘40s not cover glands?

Whatever happened to Neil from Novelhead?

If Bill Paxton shook hands with Bill Pullman, would they implode?

What are women thinking?

Where is Dana Carvey? Oh wait, I found him.

Why do I have a constant five o'clock shadow, no matter what kind of razor I use?

Would anyone in the ‘90s really want to win a date with Rob Liefeld?

How do cats know from inside a sealed house with windows closed when another animal is outside, frantically running through five rooms to the precise window that will offer a view of the invader?

Is Dick Clark an immortal? What of Leslie Nielsen? Jack Palance? Abe Vigoda? Bea Arthur? Has Clark always looked young? Has Arthur always looked old?

Do many people read my site on the weekend?

What is the definitive origin of the name, ”Pearl Jam”?

Why are there so many androgynous names? Were parents lazy back in the day?

What do I look like?

Is that the only song that can be played on bagpipes? You know the one I mean...

Why did I think interviewing a baby would cause a huge traffic spike?

Why can't time drag when I'm having fun and fly when I'm not?

Is it possible to write a post like this and not mention the mystery of why hot dogs come packs of 10 ands buns come in packs of 8?

9 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Novick said...

yes, people read your site onn the weekend. It's the best blog on the web.

3/19/2006 2:55 AM  
Blogger Curt said...

Is that why you interviewed the baby? For the traffic? You've changed, man.

Oh, and I read your blog on the weekends.

3/19/2006 11:58 AM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

>>Do many people read my site on the weekend?

More so than weekdays, since you know how my work week is.

What do you LOOK LIKE? Uh.. hmm..

maybe we should have a "win a date with MCF contest".

3/19/2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Yes, people read you on the weekends. and yes it's the best blog on the web. and no, none of us can believe that you did anything to spike your traffic.

3/19/2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

That Bill Paxton/Bill Pullman comment rocks.

I remember you saying you were going to post a picture of yourself but that was months ago. Lies, all lies.:)

3/19/2006 9:10 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

I never lie.
;-)

3/19/2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

Yep, we read your blog on the weekend. Your blog does rock.
No, it's not the only song that can be played on bagpipes, it's just the only recognizable one.

3/19/2006 9:41 PM  
Blogger SPM said...

PJ was named Mookie Blaylock. When Mookie threatened to sue, the band changed their name. However, their album Ten is in honor of Blaylock.

Pearl Jam was something that Eddie Vedder's grandma made that was some sort of halocinogen (sp? too tired to look it up...)

3/20/2006 12:54 AM  
Blogger blogger said...

Ah, you are a cat person!

That explains everything! They have some special drugs now like Paxil and Prozac that can take care of that.
There were five Rin Tin Tin's in total: the original, Junior and II to IV. Which one looked out from your wall?

Rin Tin Tin was buried in 1932 in his country of birth in the Cimetière des Chiens, the renowned pet cemetery in the Parisian suburb of Asnières-sur-Seine.

No cat other than a cartoon cat has ever achieved the fame and importance of any dog.

3/23/2006 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home