10.24.2005

POP QUIZ!, MCF Style...

I was about to sit down tonight and answer the actor's studio meme that's been going around. I might answer it later in the week but, because the mood to be a little different struck me, I decided instead to hit you all with a pop quiz. Here are ten questions to answer on your own blogs. I'll reveal my answers and hand out grades in precisely one week. Keyboards ready? Go!

1) They're finally making the movie of your life and, after narrowing the role of YOU down to three actors, they've asked for your choice. Who are the three actors, and which person do you ultimately choose?

2) You're at a fancy restaurant with your significant other, when your arch nemesis shows up with his gang to rob the place. You left your costume home tonight, and you wouldn't want to reveal your true identity unless there was no other choice. How do you handle this one?

3) 4 +X/8=15Y-23Z; solve for each variable.

4) They're turning my blog into a sitcom! Quick, who's playing me?

5) What was the scariest moment of your life?

6) After much thought and deliberation, you realize the best thing you can do with your life is form your own team of superheroes. Keeping in mind that you don't actually possess any powers or a dual identity in this scenario, how do you go about selecting your team, what abilities do you look for in potential allies, and what do you call your group?

7) If a hypothetical train is traveling East at 70 MPH, and a hypothetical truck is traveling North at 55 MPH, then name 3 famous people you feel shouldn't be famous.

8) A freak accident caused by lightning or radiation or genetic engineering or whichever origin suits you, bestows upon you the ability to step INSIDE your television set and interact with the characters. Where do you go first, and why?

9) After winning a karaoke contest, you're awarded the grand prize from a local radio station: you get to perform ONE song alongside your favorite group! Who do you sing with and what song?

10) A blogger you read regularly posts a pop quiz. Do you take it? Please list your reasons either way.

11) The quiz goes all the way up to 11.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger avRAGEjoe said...

Ack!!! Too many questions...and there's MATH!!! AAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!

10/25/2005 10:17 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

I like a challenge, and it looks like this means dusting off my CanadianWonderWoman.6 costume.

10/25/2005 2:16 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Excellent question, Wendy, and your second notation is correct. 4 plus (X/8) would be the order of operations we're looking for here.

10/25/2005 2:17 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

Heh.
"I'll reveal my answers and hand out grades in..."
I first read that as "hand out grenades in..."

That's what happens if I fail, eh?

10/25/2005 6:48 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

I veto this post. I say to do this post justice, it needs to be broken down into 10 (or 11) seperate posts. A Tell It To Me Tuesday, special edition perhaps:)

10/25/2005 8:04 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Dude, I really made a half-@$$ effort, and I'm ashamed of it, but here it is.

10/25/2005 8:12 PM  
Blogger Jerry Novick said...

I read through the questions first, saw #10, answered "no" and quickly back away.

10/25/2005 8:31 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10/25/2005 9:54 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

okay... Now mine is posted :-)

10/25/2005 10:17 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Fond "thank you"s to everyone playing along at home with our studio audience so far.

Janet, I don't think you have veto power here. The veto process is much more complicated, involving writing petitions to Mysterious Cloaked Electoral College Representatives. The MCECRs then meet, and cast their votes, and then of course there's a whole appeals process if the vote doesn't swing my way. There was a whole "Bloghouse Rock" animated short explaining it. ;)

Seriously though, by all means lift any questions you like for a "Tell it to Me Tuesday", although you always come up with great ones. I had to check myself and make sure I wasn't duplicating any of yours, and even now I'm not sure....

10/25/2005 11:41 PM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

Completed.
Check it out.

Excellent quiz.

10/26/2005 10:22 AM  
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I like that first question. I plan to answer it at my blog in the next couple of days.
Have a Happy Halloween!

10/26/2005 4:25 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I came, I read, I answered. Kinda late, but hey, you said we had a week, so I'm OK. Whew.

10/27/2005 1:26 PM  
Blogger Scott McClare said...

Answered yonder.

10/27/2005 2:35 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

Thanks, Random. I couldn't figure out how to comment on your site(I guess through RSS but Haloscan timed out on my mac) I liked the Dire Straits answer. #4 was frighteningly close too, and as for #10, why not?

10/27/2005 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home