6.24.2005

I don't remember...

...throwing a coffee can full of nails out the window and all over the lawn when my dad and my godfather were renovating our den, but I certainly heard about it enough growing up.

...recording my own “radio show” including song parodies like “I feel s**tty, oh so s**tty...”, but I have the old cassettes.

....what the girl next door's nanny looked like, but somewhere boxed away are several t-shirts she gave me as gifts as a little boy, including two with the childhood version of my name across them in bold letters.

...the names of the two kids who beat me up the first day of kindergarten and taught me that other people can cause me harm if I sound different, look different, act different, or if they were assholes having a bad day.

....Molly Ringwald on The Facts of Life, or any of the other girls besides Blair, Tootie, Jo and Natalie. I just learned of this fact of life on another blog this week.

...the kind of September when life was slow and oh so mellow.

...the practical application of the Quadratic Formula, though I still have the equation itself memorized. And I can't believe kids today have a CALCULATOR for even that!

...Manimal.

...Square Pegs.

...being reprimanded by my mom after coming home from pre-school and using the word “butt”. Apparently I used the defense, “...but all the other kids laughed when Tanya said it!” I only know this because my mom's told me the story so many times, but I don't actually remember the incident. Or the girl who was such a bad influence since I guess she went to another school and I never saw her again.

...the names of an alarming number of movie CHARACTERS. I'm relatively good with actors, and I do know the names of the characters in all my favorite sci fi, fantasy and comic book movies, but there are some films where I draw a blank on the character's name. For example, I could tell you I saw Topher Grace in In Good Company, but not that he played Carter Duryea, and I just saw the movie LAST WEEK. I worry sometimes that I'm watching movies too fast to retain all the details, or that new information is pushing out old information. The day I can't remember names like “Luke Skywalker”, “Peter Venkman” or “Jack Ryan” is the day I start to worry. Thank God for the internet.

...the additional 4 digits to my zip code. I'm glad the post office will recognize something with just the traditional 5 digits, because if I have to memorize 9 digit numbers for my home and my work addresses I may forget a few other movie characters.

....what I'm supposed to be doing at work. I'm easily distracted, and may work on one project for hours before remembering I had to e-mail someone a file or work on another project that was a priority. This condition worsens as my workload and hours increase.

....half the things I sat down to write about tonight. This much will have to do I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home