6.17.2005

10 there's nothing else to blog about...

It's been a long week. I'm not sure why I'm so tired right now. I had a lot of good topics in mind on my drive home but my mind is slush right now. Maybe I've been taking too many three-day weekends; this is the first five day week I've worked in over a month. I should be able to handle five days.

I know anything I'd write in this state wouldn't be worth reading, so that leaves only one logical option: partake in a Meme that's been circulating. I always wanted to find a meme at it's point-of-origin, so this is pretty cool. And while CitizenWillow didn't tag me, Kelly tagged everyone. For once I'm going to be lazy with the HTML footnoting, so Google™ as needed. Here goes nothing:

TEN words you love to say: subtle, junk, hyperbole, juxtaposition, ludicrous, advantageous, embouchure, gig, pinocle, spastic

NINE guiltiest pleasures: Saturday morning cartoons, junk food, dollar stores, the Star Wars® prequels, Red Dwarf, Superman III, The Cable Guy, UHF, Spaceballs

EIGHT favorite items to wear:shorts, golf tees, sneakers, nothing, sweatpants, t-shirts, sunglasses, ski mask

SEVEN sexiest celebrities: Rena Sofer, Jennifer Connelly, Scarlett Johannsen, Jennifer Garner, Natalie Portman, Jessica Alba, Jessica Simpson

SIX most irritating celebrities: Ben Affleck, Fran Drescher, Chris Tucker(outside of the Rush Hour films where I do like him), Jared from Subway, Carrottop, TheWriteJerry

FIVE favorite things about Summertime: ice cream, longer days, cool nights, barbecues, girls in sun dresses

FOUR books you've read most recently: The Five People You Meet on the Way to Heaven, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, A Storm of Swords

THREE words you've been meaning to look up:
propitious—Presenting favorable circumstances
specious—Having the ring of truth or plausibility but actually fallacious
pollyanna—A person regarded as being foolishly or blindly optimistic

TWO funniest gifts you've been given:
Once, in college, I was walking through the city with a couple of my buddies and may have admired Tahnee Welch(Raquel's daughter) on the cover of a Playboy we saw in a store window. At Christmas, a bunch of us from school got together and exchanged gifts. One of the two guys presented me with the Playboy. The other, an African-American, handed me a similar nondescript paperbag with a magazine inside, which turned out to be an all-black nudie magazine. He had gone the extra step of writing next to each girl how much money I'd have to spend on nicer clothes in order to look presentable enough to attract them.

Last Christmas, one of my co-workers gave me Shrek 2 as a secret Santa gift at our team party. That in itself wasn't funny, but after learning my parents once dressed me as W.C. Fields for Halloween(in a costume that I at the time thought was Burgess Merideth as the Penguin), he went the extra mile and made his own wrapping paper. I didn't notice the pattern at first but soon saw that against the red paper was a pattern consisting of various high-contrast images of Fields and myself. I slowly looked over to him as realization dawned and he and one of my other buddies who was in on the joke both lost it.

ONE thing you both fear and find wildly intriguing: Change.

• • •


No tags folks; feel free to pick up the topic and link back accordingly, if you so choose.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

The meme lives on! Awesome.

TheWriteJerry?!? LOL!

6/18/2005 1:40 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

UHF! That's great! and a ski mask??

Oh, uh... I just realized I only put down one funny gift...

6/18/2005 7:01 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Hyperbole: one of my favourite words, and I use it every second word---honestly!!!!

I love that this is Citizen Willow's handmade meme. She's a talented lass

6/18/2005 8:00 PM  
Blogger Rhodester said...

I didn't know Jerry was a celebrity, but I too find him to be a little irritating.

..kidding, Jerry :-)

The black nudie mag with the amounts written in for clothes is a hilarious concept.

6/18/2005 10:06 PM  
Blogger MCF said...

I didn't know Jerry was a celebrity when I met him either, and yet I already had comics I'd bought back in college with stories he'd written, including an Incredible Hulk Annual backup story. I remembered the story but not the writer, so it was interesting when I went home after he told me what he used to do before working at our company and confirmed it. You'd have to know him in real life to fully appreciate the "irritating" bit. ;)

The magazine was sort of the culmination of a running joke. For years my friends were trying to get me to buy new clothes, pointing out that my "grunge" look contributed to my unpopularity/nonexistence around the ladies. They wanted to take me shopping and lose the flannel and jeans look. I was reluctant to spend a lot of money and they'd point out what kinds of wardrobes I could get for X amount of dollars. We'd often be in a mall and this buddy would say "[MCF], $200!" and I'd just laugh and shake my head. When he bought the magazine, he just wrote in what he'd been saying for years. :)

6/18/2005 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home