2.20.2005

Phantasmic Links 2.20.05

I'm lying.

The timestamp will say 11:59, but that's actually the time I STARTED writing up tonight's post. I woke up thinking it was 10AM and it was somehow 2PM, so today REALLY seemed to go fast for me. The majority of the day was spent compiling the post for tomorrow, one which I just finished. I still have to proofread it, but I'm glad I didn't wait until tomorrow morning like I originally planned—there's no way it would have been up by noon. I did take a break to watch The Simpsons and an interesting documentary on the first five years of SNL. None of that matters now though, because it's after midnight, and I've got to post this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

This afternoon I found out:
beast
I am Beast!
I am brilliant and extremely clever. I can handle almost any problem swiftly and efficiently. I am devoted to philosophy and am always up for a good discussion. Sometimes, though, my anger gets the best of me and I upset those whom I care about.

Which X-Men character are you most like?

brought to you by Quizilla

Cool; always liked Beast.

I'm not sure what to make of this. I've read various commentaries on it at Solonor's Ink Well and A Small Victory. I think I'd be more upset if these stylized(OK, identical) characters were completely replacing the classic characters, but they aren't. The show is about future versions of them with powers, and probably won't last as long as the originals. As long as they're calling him Buzz and not Bugs and making it clear that it's a descendant and not the same character, I don't have a problem with it. The classics are still intact, although I wouldn't mind seeing new cartoons with the old favowites....

I got a chuckle out of this X-men short at Newgrounds today. Though I don't collect comics anymore I read about what's going on online. Don't let the animation style deter you; this guy really nails the current plotlines and practices well.

You'll see this villain list linked to a few times tomorrow, and it made my life easier and harder today. Definitely worth sharing tonight I thought.

Despite what many villains named tomorrow might think, destroying the Earth is hard. Hat-tip to Peeve Farm.

Frustrated with their inability to destroy Earth, villains turned to their computers to pick on their Interactive Buddy.

In a rare bout of ego, MCF included his Blog Party as one of this week's Phantasmic Links.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home