11.06.2009

Stat Counting

I've been on this planet for slightly over 35 years.

I've slept in the same room for all but 33 days of those 35 years.

I've been fall-down, out-of-my-mind drunk 3 times in my life.

I've traveled to 0 countries outside the United States.

I've been in 7 states.

I've had precisely 7 near-death experiences that I'm certain of, and countless other near-misses that were either not as bad as or worse than I realized.

I've been struck by another vehicle 4 times in my life. Twice I was rear-ended, once I was in the passenger side as my dad was driving and a minivan struck the right rear quarter panel, spinning us 180°, and once I was on foot when a friend backed into me with her SUV. 2 of these incidents factor into my near-death statistic.

The most cats we've ever owned at one time was 4. We've never had fewer than 2.

I must have attempted breakdancing at least 20 times in elementary school. I was successful 0 times.

The longest relationship I've ever maintained has been 2.5 years. If being a creepy guy making eye contact with a girl on a subway train could be considered a relationship, I could measure the shortest one in seconds.

I have rated 2,280 DVDs on Netflix, although these ratings include television shows and films I've seen in the theater.

I've been working full-time since 1996 and I can't remember ever taking more than 1 vacation day at a time.

I've had 2 surgeries in my life, one to remove a portion of my intestines, with my appendix removed as a bonus, and another time to remove all of my wisdom teeth.

333 is a number I come across a lot in my life, whether seeing it on an address or looking down at the treadmill at the exact moment those numbers align. It is something that was passed on to me, and I've yet to discern any meaning in it.

I have 4 first cousins and 0 siblings. I am 8 years younger than the youngest of my cousins.

I own and have read well over 4,000 comic books, concentrated on a period of 8 years in high school and college when I was actively collecting on a weekly basis. The number of actual novels I've read is significantly lower, likely less than 100.

This is post 1,857. The number of posts with significant content as opposed to say, this one, is significantly less....

2 Comments:

Blogger Lyndon said...

Since you haven't been out of the country. Might I suggest that you start small and maybe visit Toronto next year. You could come to our comic-con in August. It's still warm and you won't even have to get out of costume :)

11/06/2009 10:29 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Good stats; I wouldn't know where to begin, unless I mentioned that one of my toes on each foot has disappeared, chinese foot-binding style, underneath my other toes.

Not a very significant stat really.

11/06/2009 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home