9.21.2009

Phantasmic Links 9.21.09

I had a pretty great and productive weekend. I watched 3 movies, played 2 gigs, did laundry, mowed the lawn, went to church, got out in the nice weather and probably more things that I'm forgetting right now. It's just the kind of weekend that has me looking forward to facing whatever challenges the work week might hold. I'm sure the promise of my company's annual Ice Cream Day to celebrate the last day of Summer has nothing to do with my anticipation. And I'm sure you're all eagerly anticipating this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) This guy makes a lot of sense about Indiana Jones fan films. The bit about the ease of getting a gun or Nazi uniform vs. a bag of dirt had me rolling.

(2) Answering your hand might be more than just miming.
Hat Tip: Krispy.

(3) Ridiculous or legitimate concerns for recalling these toys? You decide.
H.T.: J-No.

(4) I hope to never get sent to prison, but I hope I'm resourceful enough to come up with weapons like these. Actually, I hope the other inmates aren't that resourceful, at least not with the weapons. Some of the other creative comforts are pretty cool...
H.T.: B13.

(5) You got to find that Boogie Body! She's putting Sexy away.

(6) Hey, remember that time a Sith lord charmed the galactic senate and rose to supreme power? Good times...
H.T.: J-No.

(7) A couple discovers one of the unforseen dangers of dumpster love.
H.T.: Krispy.

(8) Heat Rush hearkens back to late ‘80s racing games with a variable soundtrack, 10 challenging courses, and a variety of unlockable upgrades leading to four different endings with some great film references thrown in.

(9) Animation fans like myself will enjoy this interview with Frank Welker, voice acting legend.

(10) My Pet Protector isn't so much an RPG as it is an experiment in life choices. How much studying, working, adventuring, and resting your apprentice does, and how he goes about such things will determine his ultimate career path. Experiment with different choices to see where he ends up after four years under your guidance. So far I've trained a warrior, a captain of the guard, and a complete nobody.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home