7.31.2009

23

1. Do you like to celebrate your birthday, or does getting older make you sad and pissed off?
I think when I don't celebrate I feel sad and introspective. Getting older doesn't piss me off; we're aging every second. Birthdays are just milestones on which we inevitably look back and wonder where it all went so fast, and why we haven't done more. But as long as I can enjoy a nice meal and some cake with my folks, and get out for some drinks with whatever friends I can rustle up, then it's not a bad time at all. Honestly, Valentine's Day and New Years Eve have often made me sadder than my birthday ever could. At least on my birthday I get presents, snacks and a free lunch.

2. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
If I could afford it, I would love to live in midtown Manhattan. The city never sleeps, with bars, museums, movies, and other forms of entertainment, and it's a hub from which I could catch a train to just about anywhere. I'd probably have to maintain some sort of home out on the Island and keep a car there, though. I wouldn't want a car in the city, but it would be impossible to get around the Island without one.

3. What is your favorite cuisine?
Burgers, barbecue, and pizza baby! 34 years and still no heart condition!

4. What foods do you dislike?
I'm not a fan of vegetables. I grew up limited to corn and potatoes, and only in the last 10 years or so did I start eating lettuce and tomatoes. I despise broccoli and cauliflower, and I'll only eat zucchini if my mom bakes it into a bread, which she hasn't done in years. Carrots made me ill as a child, but I can endure them now if raw. Shavings and carrot sticks are fine but I don't like the taste of cooked or mashed carrots. I also don't care for seafood, especially shrimp, which was like eating giant white roaches with no flavor, and I don't get the sushi thing. I like tuna, and I've tried flounder and some of the more chicken like cuts of fish.

5. Favorite Place to Eat?
I've always been partial to Sizzler, though Long Island is down to maybe one or two. We're dreadfully short on Arby's and Roy Rogers these days as well. I have to say that more recent opportunities to eat at these establishments did not live up to my childhood memories from when they were more abundant and I ate there all the time, so either they've declined in quality or nostalgia is a big factor.

6. What are your favorite clothes?
Anything loose and comfortable; I like shedding my clothes after a long day and trading them for shorts when it's warm and sweatpants when it's cold. I love wearing short sleeve shirts in the Summer too.

7. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
Italy, especially Venice and Rome.

8. Favorite time of day?
Lunch time.

9. Where were you born?
In a hospital on Long Island, which is as specific as I can get right now.

10. Favorite quote?
”Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!” I also have a brain chock full of obscure Simpsons quotes that resurface when I least expect them; sometimes I don't even know that I'm doing it. I think that's a topic for another post, though. I'm cold, and there are wolves after me....

11. Vegetarian or carnivore?
I've learned to eat some veggies, but I'm predominantly a meat eater.

12. Are you a morning person or a night person?
I am definitely a night person, which negates any chance of me being a morning person, or even fully cognizant of my actions and surroundings before noon.

13. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share?
Yes! I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance...no, not really.

14. What did you want to be when you were little?
A detective or an architect.

15. What is your best childhood memory?
My dad coming home from work and letting me stand on the tops of his feet while he held up my arms and walked up and down our hall.

16. Any pet peeves?
Tailgaters, horn abusers, liars, the mispronunciation “nuke-you-lar”, and that kid in the cubicle outside my office who won't stop tapping his damn feet. Either start smoking again or put a pillow on the floor when your headphones are on. At least I have the option of closing my door. At my last job, I had to change cubicles when I finally had enough of “DAMNIT, CAITLIN! PUT GRANDMA ON THE PHONE!”, “Do you know what my Jeffrey did today?”, nail clipping, and other melodic sounds that I was surrounded by in my original spot.

17. Favorite Flowers or Plants?
Crocuses.

18. Favorite ice cream?
Cookies ‘n' Cream.

19. Do anything spontaneous lately?
I wanted to do something spontaneous because I was feeling bored, but I wasn't creative enough to think of anything spontaneous, so I did the same stuff I always do. I did go for a run half an hour before my 3.5 mile race the other day, which was sort of spontaneous, but it was my friend's idea that I just went along with.

20. What is your favorite color?
Red.

21. Most attractive trait in the opposite sex?
I usually try to be politically correct and say something romantic like “eyes”, and that's not a total lie, but a lot of cute girls in the race the other day gave me a lot of incentive to run faster and keep up, reminding me that I appreciate a tight bottom as well. Sorry to answer so crudely, albeit honestly....

22. Where/What would you like to be 10 years from now?
Wherever I am, and whatever I'm doing, I hope to still be alive, I hope my friends and family would still be doing well, I hope I will have finally started really living, and a six figure income would be nice as well.

23. Do you think that blogging is a silly narcissistic indulgence?
Absolutely not. It's mostly a fun, narcissistic indulgence, even if there are some nights when it feels like homework...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home