6.29.2009

Phantasmic Links 6.29.09

As June comes to an end, we finally had a somewhat nice weekend! After playing a gig on the tail end of a thunder storm on Friday, I found Saturday almost unbearably hot, but forced myself to mow the lawn. It needed cutting and I need the exercise if I'm going to survive a three mile race at the end of July. Sunday was a beautiful day for playing as well, but the gig we had then turned out to be indoors at a high school where various dance schools were gathering for a year end performance. We hung around in the lobby with Mr. Pizza, until 16 other acts were done, then we played him up to the stage where he performed his own famous dance as a finale. Other than having to wait around for two hours, it was a great job.

Who knows what this week will bring? Heat? Humidity? Sunshine? The return of the eternal clouds? I can only accept what I can't control, and control what I can, such as this week's selection of PHANTASMIC LINKS:

(1) Scientists are going to detonate a rocket on the moon, to check for water. Didn't any of these guys ever watch Thundarr?

(2) Behold the Latin Motto Generator! Mine is “Ex fato, spes”(From fate, hope).

(3) Reload the terrible crossover fanfiction idea generator and find inspiration for the awesomely horrible(or horribly awesome). Here's what it gave me: ”Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Thundercats and Charlie's Angels. The story should use alternate dimensions as a plot device!” That story practically writes itself! Maybe we'll even see it, depending on how my week goes...

(4) Here's a diagram showing how people get to credit card hell. I pay every month and I'm still scared...

(5) Around the world, people react to Michael Jackson's death.

(6) Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the supermarket, look what's in the canned food aisle...
Hat Tip: Krispy.

(7) Cloaked UFO or ridiculously large smoke ring? Either way, I wish I could see stuff like that in real life.
H.T.: Curt.

(8) It's the Master of the Toothpick. Now that takes patience and skills...
H.T.: B13.

(9) Blue spiral? Green? This optical illusion will surprise you...
H.T.: Krispy.

(10) Finally, how cool would it be if these 65 ancient video games existed?
H.T. : J-No.


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger b13 said...

That rocket on the moon link wasn't working... the others were nice though :)

6/29/2009 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home