6.23.2008

Phantasmic Links 6.23.08

What is it about My Favorite Sunglasses that they keep trying to leave me? After a day of hiking with B13 on Sunday, I came home to find my parents in need of my help. My dad can't drive until he fully recovers from cataract surgery, and my mom has been having more mishaps than me lately. Earlier in the week she fell off a ladder and badly bruised her feet, and apparently on Sunday she walked into the stake of a tent at a local festival and badly bruised her shin. With the blood thinners she takes for her heart palpitations, she has to be very careful.

So it fell to me to take my dad out to pick up some dinner, but when I opened the door to his car, I saw something black and plastic on the floor alongside the driver's seat. Sure enough, it was My Favorite Sunglasses, which I didn't even know were missing this time. Saturday night, when we got home from a parade, they must have fallen from my shirt pocket. Between carrying food and instruments into the house I didn't notice, and had my dad driven himself to church on Sunday morning instead of my mom taking him with her car, there's a good chance the glasses would have fallen out in the parking lot without him noticing, and I would never know their true fate. A 33-year-old would still look cool with a chain on his shades, right? Don't answer that. Instead, check out this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS :

(1) Click Myclofigia and help build our city.

(2) Now you can generate your own Star Wars® style crawl! I always wanted my own opening credits...

Hat Tip: TheWriteJerry

(3) Make ice instantly or create fireballs! SCIENCE!!
H.T.: Darrell.

(4) Behold: the world's largest sand drawing.

(5) Spin spin, Spin the Black Circle!
H.T.: Sean.

(6) As NASA's Cassini Spacecraft nears the end of its four year voyage, enjoy some of the images it has captured along the way.

(7) Change your computer's cursor into a finger to simulate the iPhone experience. It even comes with a smudge option!

(8) What happens when animation fights back against animator?
H.T.: B13

(9) Comic geeks, enjoy 50 Wonder Women, and don't worry about looking like this old guy. That shot might be a scary glimpse into my future...

(10) Watch “television” without context. It's a collection of often bizarre random videos you won't be able to stop watching. “My SPOON is too BIG!!”

(11) How long could you survive in the vacuum of space?
Created by OnePlusYou
H.T.: Sean.

(12) Finally, Epsilon will challenge everything you know about wormholes, time manipulation, gravity, and more. SCIENCE!


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

I just watched "Television Without Context." All. The. Way. Through. I could NOT take my eyes off it.

It was strange, and unsatisfying, but I couldn't turn it off. I could tell it was supposed to be funny, but it never actually made me laugh. I just sat there watching to see what would happen next.

It was EXACTLY like watching Family Guy.

6/23/2008 4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home