11.13.2006

Phantasmic Links 11.13.06

I'm feeling bored and depressed right now, but mostly bouncing-off-the-walls bored. It rained Sunday, and I spent the entire day watching DVDs and working on the unending project of updating my archived posts' font colors for readability against the new background. It was a productive day; I updated two months' worth of posts, got through four movies, and even fit in new episodes of The Simpsons, Family Guy, and Battlestar Galactica. Saturday was more productive in a tangible sense. I mowed the lawn one last time to use up the gasoline in the mower for the Winter, saving my dad some leaf raking in the process. My dad and I also aligned the front end of my car, so I got some exercise pushing it on to this metal plate that determined if each tire pulled to the right or to the left, as well as loosening stubborn lock bolts to make the needed adjustments. I think the problem with Sunday was that most of the things I did were in my room, and an entire day slipped by without me leaving its confines. If it wasn't drizzling outside, maybe I would have been more inclined to go somewhere. Right now, I'm tired of sitting in front of this computer more than anything but fear not, I won't be calling it a day before gathering this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:


The preceding moving Star Wars® spot is brought to you courtesy of X-tine.

Like Tatooine, this stone lodge is. Link, thegreek did find.

Here's an amazing collection of palindromes, which are the same whether you read them from left to right or vice versa. Thanks Curt, Tru Csk Naht! What? The words have to make sense?

Here are some nifty office accessories. How wonderfully annoying would it be to torment coworkers with the Caddyshack Gopher?

This living room design exhibit has some great projects, from this practical rug and coffee table to these adorable coat hooks. The Interruption Frames may be my favorites. Car! Hat tip to the NYCNomad.

I don't know if I'd throw a punch if this happened to me, but my fist would definitely be raised, even as I was jumping back. Flight would defeat fight, of course. Thanks for the link, Lorna!

Do you have what it takes to earn a black belt armed only with Shuriken? It's harder than it looks, and I haven't gotten past blue yet, mostly because of accidentally clicking outside the playing area. It's going to be a long night...

Watch as Yoshi is reimagined before your eyes!

What lies within the Enchanted Forest?

I cannot wait for Spider-man 3. It will be the single greatest comic book movie ever. Hopefully, I'm not setting my expectations too high....


Have a link to a game, movie, article, or anything else you think might be “phantasmic”? E-mail me and it just might appear in an upcoming PHANTASMIC LINKS!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Novick said...

Actually, I think crap like that Afterlife promo should be illegal to do. You should be able to walk down the street without being what is basically assaulted - in this case verbally with the intention to cause fright. What if that triggered something in a passerby - a memory that caused them further terror or perhaps a cardiac condition?

What the heck is wrong with people and companies that makes them think they have the right to cause uninvited shock. If I want to be frightened, I'll go to a horror movie or watch John Kerry. But that should be my choice.

This was the opposite of funny.

11/13/2006 9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Afterlife promo rocks. Also, the Star Wars clip is not a spoof. It is a real promo by Cinemax promoting the marathon showing of all six episodes consecutively occuring all month long. Can you sit for 794 minutes (13 hours, 23 minutes)?

11/13/2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger b13 said...

Jerry's comment shows his age ;)

Afterlife was the $*1T

11/13/2006 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to retract the first part of my post with this post. While the Afterlife promo is clever and clearly inventive in its attempt to promote the program while ensuring that the macabre theme is effectively conveyed, there is a lack of consideration for the unsuspecting pedestrian who may suffer as a result. There seems to be more of a focus on promoting the product with far less regard to the general public. While I am not looking to align myself with thewritejerry, I find at this point in time no other choice but to make this statement.

11/13/2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger kevbayer said...

I must have that Caddyshack Gopher.

You know, Rubi has never seen Caddyshack!

11/14/2006 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home