7.03.2006

Phantasmic Links 7.3.06

So far, this weekend is going pretty well and I've accomplished nearly half of the things on my to-do list. You'll hear more about one of those things tomorrow when I review Superman Returns. Today is all about this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

You may have seen Jemaine Clement in a recent string of Outback Steakhouse commercials. Blink and you would have missed Bret McKenzie in Lord of the Rings. Alone there's not much to say about their careers, but together they form the hilarious Flight of the Conchords, "New Zealand's 4th most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo". You'll all want to check out their HBO special, courtesy of Rey.

Sound effects unite in song. Another Rey hat tip.

I used to think the best thing to do with a dusty car was write “wash me” or something equally humorous, then I saw what a real artist can do with dust.

My current dream is that someday Christian Bale will join forces with Brandon Routh for an epic cinematic team-up between Batman and Superman. Until that day comes, I'll have to settle for this old fan-made World's Finest trailer.(This isn't a real trailer, Darrell.)

Here's some exclusive never-before-seen footage of the Emperor taking a call from Darth Vader.

Why is the first car that drives itself a VW? I guess it's cool enough that there's a car that drives itself, but I wouldn't mind a black Trans Am that did the same...

Who is...Bobby Badfingers? Oh snap!

Technology is put to good use when a Rubik's Cube solving robot is invented. In a semi-related story, one artist made his cubes into Mario.

Finally, what might classic science fiction lines sound like if penned by Shakespeare? Thanks to Sarcasmo for this one.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott Roche said...

Dust painting - BRILLIANT!!
Phone call - HILLARIOUS!!
Me - GIVEN TO HYPERBOLE!!

7/03/2006 3:07 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

That Batman vs. Superman thing is a good idea. I still have yet to watch my recorded version of Batman Begins, but I think newcomer Brandon held his own with Superman.

7/03/2006 10:20 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

dust painting is hyberboliciously brilliant; so is the shakespeare

7/03/2006 10:50 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

OK, I'm sick from laughing at the Darth Vader phone call. I knew I was done for when The Emperor asked him if there was an ATM on that Lite Brite. HA HA HA HA

7/04/2006 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home