7.10.2006

Phantasmic Links 7.10.06

I went on a spiritual journey yesterday resulting in potentially two weeks' worth of photos. I've been having a problem with my Verizon account, however. I hit my 110 MB limit a few weeks ago and upgraded to 510 MB, but it apparently hasn't taken and won't let me upload. I've had to use Blogger in the meantime, but I have no idea how reliable that is, how long they keep pictures on their server, and what if any is the storage limit. A free service has to have a limit so it's only a temporary fix. Hopefully the Verizon thing will resolve by the time I'm billed again. Meanwhile I'm going to have to edit a lot of posts once I am able to move photos there. Maybe they don't like me because I'm on a Mac? What does everyone else out there use? Has anyone used Verizon and/or Blogger to store images? Any failure or success stories to share? Any comparisons? To thank you in advance for your helpful feedback, here are this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

I have to collect all of the Action Cats! It's all TheWriteJerry's fault!

I'm glad when people do things like go on a monkey chow diet to lose weight and gain monkey powers, because it saves me the trouble of attempting the exact same thing.

It was only a matter of time before the internet churned out a web site featuring cats that look like Hitler. Is this him with Eva Braun and some troopers?

Shakira just doesn't do it for me in this video, for some reason...

This '80s commercial grid is fun once you get the hang of it. Keystrokes trigger snippets of familiar ads. Mix and match nostalgic madness!

If you've read the first six Harry Potter books, this Dumbledore theory should be of interest to you. I'm banking on option #2, myself. Hat tip to Sean.

I was ready to post these links around midnight, until Legend of the Pointy Stick claimed two hours of my life. In a maze of video game spoofs(including a very cool and familiar 3D game of ghosts and pellets), you won't be able to escape until you escape.

I close with some sad news, as Garth Knight and KARR try to ruin the reputation of both their heroic twins. It's the best explanation I have for that abominable video. Nod to Sarcasmo.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger kevbayer said...

"Garth Knight and KARR try to ruin the reputation of both their heroic twins"

Wow.
Did you notice the steering, uh, wheel was on the European side?
And was it just me, or did the chick that got ejected look like a cross between Amanda Peet and Eliza Dushku?

7/10/2006 6:15 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

I went to that eighties grid because all you need to say is "eighties" and I'm there. But I clicked and clicked and nothing happened. Finally I gave up.

I'm sure it was cool though. Really.

7/10/2006 9:58 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

10MB is free. It was an extra $6.95 for another 100MB, and it's $9.95 for 500 so I'd only be paying $3 more. I haven't been billed for this month yet.

Janet, I did the same thing. It's not clicking; it's keystrokes. Different buttons on your keyboard trigger different commercials.

7/10/2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger Lyndon said...

I was going to post about this Hoff video, but I just didn't have the heart.

I'm not sure what's worst? Hoff using Kitt in such a crappy way or the fact that Ice-T is producing his next album.

7/10/2006 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home