5.20.2006

The only...

...flaw in Blur's “Song 2” is its short length.

...bad thing about a really hot slice of pizza is not knowing whether that's cheese or skin hanging from the roof of your mouth.

...way to drink beer is ice cold.

...respite to look forward to after playing musical gigs two days in a row this weekend is a vacation day on Monday.

...child.

...way to eat cheese puffs is by hand.

...downside to a procession with a lot of food stops is one gains more calories than one is burning off by walking and playing music.

...the world is Jack Bauer, but only one day every few years.

...time I really feel alive.

...thing worse than biting into an apple and finding a worm is biting into an apple and finding half a worm.

...thing we have to fear is fear itself.

...good times of year are Spring and Fall.

...advantage to Summer reruns is more free time.

...problem with a watch with a metal band is the way the “teeth” dig into my wrist.

...true Catwoman of the 1960s is Julie Newmar.

...true Batgirl is Barbara Gordon.

...Transformer with both Autobot and Decepticon insignias was Punch/Counterpunch.

...good roles Michael Richards has played are Stanley Spadowski and Cosmo Kramer.

...separation between reality and fantasy is perception.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darrell said...

Julie Newmar

Ya know, I was opposed when I first heard they'd cast Michelle Pfeiffer in Batman Returns, but I thought she was wonderful when I saw the film. Same with Keaton in the first Batman film... I hated the idea of Mr. Mom playing Batman, but I thought he was great once I saw the movie.

About everybody I knew felt the same way... bitterly opposed at first, but totally won over by his performance.

As of now, though, Christian Bale IS the one true Batman. If they do a Catwoman story-line in the new Batman movies, I'd kinda like to see them cast Natalie Portman as Catwoman. After Closer, I'm convinced she could pull it off.

5/20/2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger MCF said...

Did you like Closer? That movie annoyed me, watching four people let desire run and ultimately ruin their lives. I found myself getting very angry at their stupidity, although Portman did a great job as did Clive Owen, who makes some stupid mistakes in Derailed but I didn't mind so much because it was a better movie and wasn't as full of itself as Closer seemed to be. Everyone in that movie was so pretentious.

I modified the statement because you're right, Michele made that role her own for this generation, making Halle Berry her Lee Meriwether or Eartha Kitt. And while I wouldn't contest Bale as THE live action Batman, props must be given to Kevin Conroy as the undisputed animated Batman.

5/20/2006 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home