4.17.2005

Phantasmic Links 4.17.05

It's entirely possible to bake a cake, and eat it too.

I was still groggy when my mom called in to tell me she was going to her job at the arboretum, that my father was already over there, and that he planned to go box weeds at his lot when he was done helping her. She advised me to go with him, closed the door, and left. After the nice day I had yesterday, I hardly felt like arguing. When my dad got home, I was done eating and ready to go, and spent several hours carrying heavy logs, pricking my fingers on thorny vines as I boxed them, and genuinely enjoying being outside. I was tired when we got home, but still managed to vacuum the house as I'd promised my mom yesterday. Not only that, but with the sun still shining and temperatures reaching into the 70s, I even found time to take a book down to the local park and relax on a bench overlooking the water from on high. Sure, I thought I was dead when an SUV careened down the hill toward my bench, turned at the last second, and continued on its own way while a nearby family commented on how ridiculous it is that we now have to worry about traffic IN A PARK, but then that's to be expected with my luck. Though it was a gorgeous day and I made wise use of every hour, I also found time for this week's PHANTASMIC LINKS:

Ever go through old bookmarks? I did last night, and came across a classic time waster for me--hope you enjoy QUINTZEE.

Fast food chains have them. Random vendors on Canal Street sell them And now, you can see bootleg action figures on the web.

It's funny NOW, but I wonder if video game themes are the future of classical music...

Can you guess What is that thing?

Spell with Flikr

Just imagine what you could do with a Yugo...

What ever you do, do not press the Big Red Button...I certainly didn't press it over 200 times. Nope, not me...

Here's the problem with Smallville. Hat tip to Rey.

In keeping with the previous link, look! Up on the web! Is it a bird? Maybe a plane? No, it's the first pictures from the set of the new Superman movie!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Novick said...

The Clark Kent "costume" looks terrible. Absolutely terrible. Feels campy. Especially the hairsyle. Almost, dare I say it, Schumacher-esque.

4/18/2005 12:07 AM  
Blogger avRAGEjoe said...

Ah, yes, the Big Red Button!

Jerry, actually I thought it made him look like Chris Reeve in the original Superman films. Considering the storyline in this one and Singer's desire to tie it into the other films, I'm ok with the look.

4/18/2005 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home