12.14.2004

Tuesday

Today is Tuesday.

I awoke as usual and, after a morning ritual too mundane to waste blog space on, was soon plunging in to the deceptively sunny outdoors. A quick detour to the post office to return The Basketball Diaries to Netflix was my only other destination besides work, where I arrived cheerfully without incident. Morning began with some amusing e-mails from my old college family, including one refuting rumors started by another that he and his wife were expecting their first child. Suddenly, and without warning, a message popped up on my screen! My eyes narrowed, as I scrutinized the summons, a reminder for a gathering. A conclave was gathering, a summit between printers and artists to discuss the quality of the envelopes we design. Marshaling all my multitasking energies, I stapled and collated with the full fury of my awesome advantageous artistic abilities, assembling four sets of four enclosures in mere minutes. I looked upon my work with pride, confident that I would be able to drop these printouts off to the appropriate party on my way to this envelope meeting, and have four less battles on my dance card.

The meeting was at 10:30, and my keen almond-shaped eyes took in the foreboding 10:27 on my monitor. Leaving work up on my screen to maintain the illusion of efficiency, my journey was soon in full swing. Soon I was engaging a slamming sign-in sheet, and unburdening myself of my printouts. Then it was a descent down three flights of stairs to join my comrades in their confrontation and...I can't keep this up. Some days my job is fun and some days it isn't. On no day does it merit a comic book style exposition. And on a day where I wasted a morning listening to mundane questions and obvious answers, maintaining consciousness in the presence of a strong ink smell emanating off some flexo plates the printer representatives had brought, that is especially true. I could go on to elaborate on lunch, and braving a line that nearly circumnavigated Best Buy in my (ultimately successful)quest to obtain boxed sets of The Matrix and The Lord of the Rings, but that could be covered in one sentence easily. After gym and a rough ride home(which I can either blame on having a Taco for lunch or cold air doing something to my sinuses, since I doubt anxiety would make my face swell and harden and give me a headache and shortness of breath), I settled in to enjoy the best contemporary rock-and-roll sports film I'd ever see, A Knight's Tale.

In terms of excitement, I’d have to say that today,Tuesday's gray. Sometimes I blog about comics. Sometimes I blog about movies or television. Sometimes I'll relate (what I think is) an amusing tale from my past, and other times share present-day mishaps. And sometimes, just sometimes, I blog because it's Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home