11.22.2004

NLTB™

On November 24, 2003, Curt of The Happy Husband introduced the concept of ”Real Life Trumps Blogging”, to cover those rare times when he's not able to write anything of substance. Since then, he's made good use of RLTB™ whenever he and his wife have had other plans or he was simply too tired. I can't make any such claim, not actually having a life myself.

Today was a rough Monday, as most are. After getting a handle on what I think are panic attacks while driving, I got hit with a few on the way to work again this morning. Work itself wasn't so bad and I actually started making a dent in some projects I was barely able to touch last week due to one distraction or another, and an inability to focus in the morning. By lunch I was feeling pretty good although I had a few inexplicable dizzy spells while just relaxing with my friends in Starbucks. I've been staying away from caffeine since I've been having these issues, although perhaps hot chocolate may also be something to avoid. The afternoon went well as I made even more of a dent in my workload, and by 6:30 I was in the gym and on the treadmill, nary a dizzy spell in sight.

Driving home, however, I had to pull over to wait for one to pass and, after a call home to have my dad assure me my new muffler would not leak carbon monoxide as we discovered my old one had been doing, albeit in minute amounts, I rolled up my windows and put on the heat and made it the rest of the way home, not passing out but getting a slight tension headache. After dinner I didn't have ice cream or fall asleep, but I did watch Everybody Loves Raymond and Two and a Half Men with my mom. It's UNREAL how gorgeous Denise RIchards is. Anyway, that was followed by what was going to be a quick stress-relieving jaunt through my newest game, and after using Magma to help Forge repair the computers on Muir Isle to stabilize a sick Illyana, defending the Mansion against cloaked invaders detected by Jean Grey, and pitting Cyclops against Havok at the old Weapon X facility, seen earlier in the game in a flashback, I entered the astral plane with Professor X, Emma Frost, and Jean to rescue the comatose Illyana. I then noticed the time and wrote this post, not even having the time to properly put all the links that should have been in the previous sentence.

It's barely the justifiable right Curt exercises from time to time, and I hope this will be a rare occurrence, but for tonight No Life Trumps Blogging. Cheers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Curt said...

I can't take credit for the RLTB concept. It was instituted by Dean Peters to make sure the moderators at blogs4God don't neglect their real-world responsibilities.

11/23/2004 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home