10.01.2010

The Essential MCF: 2K9-2K10: Part 8



Cloakfest 2K10 is almost over! August 2010 is behind us, which leaves me only one more complete month to recapitulate:


September, 2010

PBW: Light Show
A little experiment with a small keychain flashlight and long exposure yields surprisingly fresh results.

My Plate Runneth Over
I'm almost always a busy guy, between my day job and my weekend gigs, so the last thing I need added to the list is a property dispute. But when a jerk goes after my dad, he goes after my whole family....

MCF vs. the L.I. Universe
It took some extra effort to see Scott Pilgrim vs. The World after poor ratings took it out of most theaters after a mere two or three weeks, but it was totally worth it, easily in my top 3-5 movies for the year.

MCF's 2010 Watchlist
I may be a busy guy, but I make time for television, though this year brings fewer shows and, thus far, not many promising new ones. Maybe I'm not busy enough.

The Miracle of Cubby
They say cats have nine lives, but I think my mom's cat has used far more than that. I've lost track of how many times we thought we'd have to say goodbye this year, only to have him make a comeback. Our vet rocks. My mom rocks.

AFK in AC
I'd only been there once before, and missed two other opportunities to go earlier this year. Acting against type, I plan to play hooky and have some fun for a weekend getaway.

Always Bet on Odd
I have a great time on my mini-vacation, and even win a few games of roulette, applying my powers of improbability to my own benefit for a change. But nothing lasts forever, and all things must end some time....

PBW: Boardwalk Quagmire
Behold day one of my weekend escape!

The Monday of all Mondays
The last week of our last September begins with gloomy weather, corrupt computer files, and bad television reception. But a Monday like that can't last all week...or can it...?

PBW: Fountains of Win
Day 2 of my weekend escape was mostly about checking out of a hotel and sleeping on a train for a few hours, but that didn't stop me from getting a few more cool pictures before making a reluctant return to reality.

Shifty Priorities
Guy works for band. Band leaders lie to guy about job being canceled and screw him over. Guy later gives up personal plans to play for band, and screws self over. Guy begins to question priorities.

* * *


And that's what I wrote about in September 2010 in my sixth year of doing this.

The Essential MCF 2K9-2K10 will conclude with a review of the next twelve days, and something more....

12

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home